Before going for a snow goose hunt, it is good to contact a Wildlife agency so that they provide additional information like the prime season dates, the staging areas of goose and other rules and regulations that must be followed while hunting.
Some other tips to follow to hunt a snow goose:
There are certain tips and tricks that can easily help us in hunting a snow goose hunt. All these tricks will lead to a success in our spring snow goose hunts. Let us explore the tips, related to the same as follows,
- While a person is hunting for snow geese, it is good to try more than one calling method. Along with electronic calling technique, the person should also make use of mouth call. Some of the most popular states for spring snow goose hunting are Iowa, Nebraska, Southand North Dakota.
- One should read various articles on the internet and research about the key tips for hunting a snow goose.
- People who hire a guide with them use more than 2,000 decoys, but when going without a guide, an approximate of 300 to 400 decoys is enough. While carrying the decoys, it is better to keep them in a teardrop shape, i.e. it should be small from one side and larger from the other with the blind in the center.
- If you are unable to spot any goose, then you change your white clothes to camouflage ones. After that, set up a 100 yards trap by using the decoys.
- First look for the goose in those fields where they have been previously spotted, such as the field where it has been spotted previous night. Hence, the ultimate tick for hunting a snow goose is how well you scout.
- Some hunters make use of white and black flags to spread the decoy or to add movement to it. This is because flags add movements to the spreading of decoy. Hence, hunters attach the flags to poles for creating the same effect.
- It is better to focus on a single bird at a time, rather than targeting different birds. The hunting partners should also decide about their target birds so that their shooting opportunities won’t be wasted.
- While shooting, it is better to target those birds that are in an effective range. After that focus on those that are located at a closer angle.